Jet’s 1st birthday party is this weekend, and as much as I fought planning it around a theme, I just couldn’t help myself and caved for a Pow Wow Party! A homemade teepee is our gift to Jet and so it made total sense in my over-achieving brain to create a whole party around it. So that means lots of DIY projects. When it comes to DIY I want it to be as easy and cost efficient as possible. So, I landed on these adorable pow wow appropriate feather headdresses for the kids to play with and take home as their favor. There are just a few steps and all you really need is a glue gun and few materials, so it’s totally doable in a pinch and on a budget.
Felt fabric sheets in choice colors
Feathers (Joann’s has great options or all size and color)
1. Cut felt into narrow strips approximately 12 inches long.
2. Cut felt into desired shapes for decorative accent on headband.
3. Glue decorative shapes onto felt strips.
4. Glue feathers of choice approximately 2 inches in from end of felt strip.
5. Cut and glue small felt strip over feather for finishing.
6. Measure and cut 6 inches of elastic band.
7. Glue elastic on either end of felt strip.
8. Play dress up!