One of my favorite trends is mixing prints. It’s a fun way to add color or texture to an outfit, and a perfect trend to incorporate in to your littles’ ensemble. Mixing prints does, however, take some thought and intentionality as it can sometimes go array. When mixing prints there are a few key tips to follow: keep the overall palette of prints similar and think geometric. Stripes are the neutral of prints and can be easily paired with another print. Scale is also key. Pair a larger scale print with a smaller, more subdued print to avoid an overwhelming overall look. Mixing prints is such a fun way to dress your little and bring in color and shapes without them looking too babyish.
Looking through this years pre-fall lines has me beyond excited. I always love a good retro look, but some of these pre-fall 2015 lines have perfected the 70’s inspired look. Some of my favorite trends were culottes and floor length dresses and skirts. Denim was in almost every show this year with feminine, flow-y silhouettes and mid or high rise cuts. And, in case you’re over the skinny jean trend and ready for a more forgiving, mom friendly pair of go-to jeans, you’re in luck. A Read more…
Working out is at the top of most people’s resolution list. It is definitely one of mine, as I’ve not totally gotten back in the swing of things since Jet was born. Part of making work outs both enjoyable and functional is having the right gear and attire. I also lean towards work out clothes that are fashionable enough to run errands before or after the gym. Here are some of my must haves for working out.
1. Bluetooth Headphones & Armband Set – I track my distance/time, listen to music, and talk on the phone all while walking or running. Having a pair of wireless headphones with an armband is a convenient way to take your phone with you on workouts.
2. Fitbit – a fitbit is a great all-encompassing tool to track your weight loss, calories burned, distance walked, and so much more. They even track your sleep which is a huge part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
3. Sneakers – a good pair of sneakers goes a long way. I like a pair like these fashionable New Balances that you’d actually want to wear on a day to day basis. Just wearing sneakers promotes fitness in me, so they’ve become my go to shoe.
4. Yoga Mat & Towel – yoga is my main source of fitness so having a good yoga mat can make or break it. I actually use a yoga towel as well like this one and it really adds stability during my work outs.
5. Ponytail Holders – this may seem like a very simple detail, but nothing annoys me more than having to continuously re-tie my ponytail while working out because the holder isn’t secure. These ponytail holders are awesome for even super thick hair and will keep your pony in place during your entire workout.