Working out is at the top of most people’s resolution list. It is definitely one of mine, as I’ve not totally gotten back in the swing of things since Jet was born. Part of making work outs both enjoyable and functional is having the right gear and attire. I also lean towards work out clothes that are fashionable enough to run errands before or after the gym. Here are some of my must haves for working out.
1. Bluetooth Headphones & Armband Set – I track my distance/time, listen to music, and talk on the phone all while walking or running. Having a pair of wireless headphones with an armband is a convenient way to take your phone with you on workouts.
2. Fitbit – a fitbit is a great all-encompassing tool to track your weight loss, calories burned, distance walked, and so much more. They even track your sleep which is a huge part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
3. Sneakers – a good pair of sneakers goes a long way. I like a pair like these fashionable New Balances that you’d actually want to wear on a day to day basis. Just wearing sneakers promotes fitness in me, so they’ve become my go to shoe.
4. Yoga Mat & Towel – yoga is my main source of fitness so having a good yoga mat can make or break it. I actually use a yoga towel as well like this one and it really adds stability during my work outs.
5. Ponytail Holders – this may seem like a very simple detail, but nothing annoys me more than having to continuously re-tie my ponytail while working out because the holder isn’t secure. These ponytail holders are awesome for even super thick hair and will keep your pony in place during your entire workout.